Keeping your range hood clean will allow it to function correctly.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, appliance company, or handyman
Step 1 – Clean Range Hood
- Remove the range hood filter and inspect it. It should slide or pop out. It’s best to replace your filter if it’s a charcoal filter because these can’t be cleaned and reused.
- Find a heatproof container in which to place your filter. Fill that container with boiling water to help break down the grease. Add two tablespoons of dish soap to the water along with 1/2 cup of baking soda.
- Let the filter soak in that water for approximately 10 minutes, then scrub it with a non-abrasive scrub brush.
- Clean off any fan blades with a degreaser if you see fit.
- Rinse the filter, let it dry, and then put it back into the range hood.
- You should also take a rag and some degreasing cleaning agent to clean the outside of the range hood.
- Tool List: a non-abrasive scrub brush
- Supply List & Costs: Boiling water, degreasing dish soap, and baking soda
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!