A good practice is to inspect your recreational equipment before the warm summer months arrive. Prevent you and your family from exposure to recreational equipment risks. Read more to see how to maintain your recreational equipment!
This is a Safety Task!
Most homeowners have recreational equipment such as bicycles, water toys, camping gear, etc. Everything must be properly maintained, so no one is injured while using them.
This is a Health Task!
Germs and bacteria can linger whether you and your family use the equipment once a year or way more frequently.
This is a Preventative Maintenance Task!
If recreational equipment is not kept in good working condition, you may incur early replacement costs.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, Handyman, or Cleaning Company
How To Maintain Your Recreational Equipment | Task Steps
Step 1 – Inspect and Determine What Applies
- It’s a good idea to walk around your property to determine what pieces of equipment you want to work on—things ranging from bicycles – to children’s toys – to exercising equipment – to animal-related equipment.
- Check all the pieces of equipment you want to work on for safety, cleanliness, and performance reliability. This will help you decided on what type of materials you’ll need to fix them.
Step 2 – Tighten any Loose Hardware and Determine if there are any Broken Parts
- This task’s main objective is to ensure all equipment stays safe and reliable, just like the day you first bought it.
- You should try and fix easy issues on your own. If you absolutely can’t repair the equipment or you feel as though it’s still unsafe, then you might want to hire a professional to come to take a look.
Step 3 – Disinfect the Equipment
- Now you should give everything one more wipe down to make sure it’s nice and clean when you decide to use it.
- Use an antibacterial cleaning agent and cleaning cloth to wipe down all parts of the equipment thoroughly.
- Finally, make sure all types of equipment are reassembled properly before using again.
- Tool List: Spray
- Supply List: Cleaning cloth – damp/wet, cleaning solution – antibacterial
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out another interesting article- Inspect and Clean Your Fridge and Freezer!