Nowadays, most people have flashlights accessible on their cell phones. However, it’s still a great idea to have flashlights available in emergency cases or if a storm knocks out the power for longer than expected. Have you checked your flashlights and batteries?
This is a Safety Task!
Checking your flashlights and batteries is an easy way to ensure you will have light during an emergency.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, handyman, or electrician
Test Flashlights and Batteries | Task Steps
Step 1 – Inspect and test flashlights
- It’s a good idea to keep a flashlight in all bedrooms, the kitchen, the family room, and one on every floor. It’s good to locate where flashlights are on your emergency floor plan.
- Check all flashlights to make sure they have batteries.
- Turn the flashlights on and off to make sure the flashlights & batteries work correctly. Using a battery tester will give you a more accurate reading.
- Tool List: Battery Tester
- Supply List & Costs: New Batteries
Want to know about the other important tasks you should do every year?
Come claim your home today at HomeManager!