Unmaintained dishwashers naturally prove to be a breeding ground for germs because it’s a moist area. Also, food debris, soap scum, and grease can build up over time in dishwashers. This will reduce the efficiency of your appliance. Read more to see how to clean your dishwasher.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, appliance companies, or handyman
How To Clean Your Dishwasher | Task Steps
Step 1 – Clean Dishwasher
- Remove the bottom rack from the dishwasher. Your dishwasher should be empty while you’re cleaning.
- Inspect the drain for any blockages and remove any as you see them. Put the bottom rack back after you inspect the drain.
- Place a cup of white vinegar (in a dishwasher safe container) on the machine’s upper rack and run the dishwasher through a hot water cycle. This process will wash away grease and removes odor buildup in the dishwasher.
- Once the first hot water cycle is done, take the cup out and sprinkle one cup of baking soda across the dishwasher’s bottom.
- Next, run a short, hot water cycle. This will ensure that your interior will be stain-free and fresh smelling.
- Supply List & Costs: White vinegar and baking soda
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!