If your trash compactor goes too long without a good cleaning, odors may gradually accumulate.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, or handyman
Step 1 – Clean Trash Compactor
- First, unplug the trash compactor for safety reasons. Make sure to take out the trash bag as well, so it’s not in the way.
- Use your choice of commercial disinfectant to clean the inside and outside of the compactor, then let those chemicals sit on the wall for a few minutes.
- Wipe off everything and let your compactor fully dry because moist places are perfect for bacteria growth, which is unhealthy.
- After the compactor is completely dry, replace the trash bag, and it should be fine until the next cleaning.
- Supply List & Costs: commercial disinfectant, damp rag, new trash bags
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!