A microwave should not look like a food war just went on inside of it. Food gunk buildup prevents it from working efficiently and will eventually result in having to replace it.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, or handyman
How To Clean Your Microwave | Task Steps
Step 1 – Inspect Microwave
- Inspect the inside of the microwave to determine what needs to be cleaned. Most removable parts in the microwave are dishwasher safe.
Step 2 – Clean Microwave
- Make sure to use a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl filled with water and a couple tablespoons of vinegar inside the appliance.
- Microwave that bowl on high until the window begins to get foggy, then let the bowl sit for 10 minutes until it has cooled.
- Use a sponge to wipe out the inside of the microwave. If the unit’s window is greasy, clean it with a mixture of half vinegar and half water, then let it dry.
- Lastly, wipe down the outside of the microwave with a damp cloth.
- Tool List: Microwave safe bowl
- Supply List & Costs: water, vinegar – white, sponge, damp cleaning cloth
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!