Allowing crumbs to accumulate in the toaster becomes a fire hazard over time. You want to prevent having to prematurely purchase a new toaster by properly maintaining it.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, or handyman
How To Clean Your Toaster & Crumb Tray | Task Steps
Step 1 – Inspect Toaster
- Make sure the toaster is unplugged before beginning the cleaning process.
Step 2 – Clean Toaster
- Clean the toaster over a sink, trashcan, or newspaper-covered table.
- Pop-out the crumb tray and shake off all the loose crumbs. If your toaster doesn’t have a crumb tray, simply turn the toaster, and shake it.
- If the tray has crumbs stuck on it, wash it with warm, soapy water until clean.
- Use a small dry pastry or basting brush to get into the hard-to-reach corners of the toaster.
- Wipe the exterior with a damp cloth and gentle soap if necessary.
- Lastly, pop the crumb tray back into place.
- Tool List: brush – basting/pastry
- Supply List & Costs: Old newspaper, soapy water (dish soap), damp cleaning cloth
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!