A coffeemaker is a perfect place for mold and bacteria to fester because it is constantly moist. If you do proper maintenance, you will avoid the expense of purchasing another. Do you know how to clean your coffee machine?
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, or handyman
How To Clean Your Coffee Machine | Task Steps
Step 1 – Inspect Coffee Machine
- Check the coffeemaker’s water chamber and make sure it is empty.
Step 2 – Clean Coffee Machine
- Fill the water chamber with half white vinegar and half water.
- Using a paper filter, allow the mixture to brew until the chamber is half empty.
- Turn the coffeemaker off and let it sit for 20 minutes, then finish the rest of the brewing.
- Rinse your machine by using a new paper filter to brew a pot of clear water. Do this twice.
- Now empty the pot and refill it with warm, sudsy water and some rice as a gentle abrasive. Swirl this mixture in the pot, then use a sponge to remove any gunk.
- Lastly, rinse and dry completely and use a damp cloth to wipe the outside of the machine to remove any excess gunk or stains.
- Supply List & Costs: White vinegar, paper filter, rice, sponge, damp cloth
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!