As beneficial as these appliances can be, they can harm your family’s health if they are not properly maintained. If the water tank is not clean and emptied frequently, it can spread harmful bacteria and mold in the home. Without proper maintenance, you may need to go to the expense of replacing these items unnecessarily.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, or handyman
How To Clean Your Dehumidifier | Task Steps
Step 1 – Inspect Dehumidifier
- Check the water reservoir. Clean this on the regular basis!
Step 2 – Clean Dehumidifier
- Unplug the unit
- Remove the water reservoir to clean and dry it. Inspect the filter and clean or replace it as necessary.
- Remove the outer cover of the unit.
- Using a small brush, gently clean the coils. It’s important to check the coils for any frost or ice buildup.
- Use a damp cloth to wipe down the fan blades making sure all the dust and dirt particles are removed.
- Check the rest of the interior for any other possible problems before reattaching the cover.
- Lastly, plug the unit back in.
- Tool List: brush – small
- Supply List & Costs: cleaning solution – antibacterial, replacement filter
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!