As beneficial as these appliances can be, they can harm your family’s health if they are not properly maintained. If the water tank is not clean, it can spread harmful bacteria and mold in the home. Without proper maintenance, you may be faced with the expense of replacing these items unnecessarily.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, or handyman
How To Clean Your Humidifier | Task Steps
Step 1 – Inspect Humidifier
- Check the water in the humidifier. It should always be filled with clean water for every use.
Step 2 – Clean Humidifier
- To disinfect the device, you will need bleach or hydrogen peroxide. You can also choose to use an antibacterial cleaner as an alternative as well.
- Fill the tank with clean water, then add a teaspoon of your preferred cleaner for every gallon of water. Swirl the solution around, so it coats the entire tank, then allow it to sit for approximately 30 minutes.
- Rinse the tank thoroughly with clean water before reassembling it for future use.
- Lastly, don’t forget to change your filters regularly.
- Supply List & Costs: bleach, replacement filter
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!