Your washer rarely gets cleaned as much as it should, and all that dust buildup can contain things you and your family don’t want to be inhaling. It’s best to give your washer a good cleaning occasionally. Read more to see how to clean your washing machine.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, appliance company, or handyman
Step 1 – Clean Washing Machine
- Start by running a cycle with an equal amount of water and bleach added.
- Once that cycle is complete, run another cycle after putting in 1 1/2cup of distilled white vinegar, 1/4 cup of baking soda, and 1/4 cup of water.
- Wash your soap dispenser if it is removable, and clean the rubber seals around your machine using your preferred cleaning agent.
- Lastly, make sure to wipe down the outside of the washing machine as well.
- Supply List & Costs: cleaning cloth, cleaning spray, bleach, distilled white vinegar, and baking soda.
It would also be a great idea to inspect your washing machine hoses along with cleaning your washing machine! A lot of the time, washing machine hoses can wear out easily.
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out the easy maintenance for other small appliances – How To Clean Your Small Appliances!