It’s always a great idea to get a head start on spring cleaning! Getting rid of excess dirt and dust-coving unused objects can help eliminate potential allergens hidden within your home. A clean, decluttered home can also boost your overall mood. This is how to properly clean household items and declutter!
This is a Health Task!
Getting rid of the dust in your home is a great way to keep you & your family healthy. It also aids with allergies.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, cleaning company, handyman
How To Properly Clean Household Items and Declutter | Task Steps
Step 1 – Decluttering
- Walk around the house and try to declutter all items you don’t need out in the open anymore. Use plastic storage bins to help with the declutter process and label while putting in storage.
- You can wipe objects down as you go with a damp cloth. Then you can place them in places you feel fit.
- If you come across items you don’t want to own anymore, and then you can always take them to a nonprofit or a thrift store.
- Anything that can cause a trip hazard or fire hazard should be moved to a more appropriate location.
- Also, walk around areas that you need to get to in an emergency, e.g., gas shutoff, electric shutoff, water shutoff, or fire extinguishers, and make sure you have no clutter blocking the way.
- Supply List & Costs: cleaning cloth – damp/wet
Step 2 – Cleaning up
- Walk around the house and wipe your finger on furniture, cabinets, doors, light fixtures, and the floor. If you see a heavy presence of dirt or grime that comes off onto your finger, then you know it’s a good time for dusting.
- There are arguments on which is the best way to dust. You can either use a duster or use a damp cloth. Using a wet cloth to clean will reduce the number of particles floating around and settling back on surfaces after everything is dusted. Make sure you keep cleaning in the bucket of water.
- Either way, work down from the highest part of the room to the lowest. You determine which method serves you better.
- Once dusting is complete, use a vacuum to suck up the dust that migrated to the carpet. Don’t forget to also vacuum the furniture.
- After vacuuming, use a reliable glass cleaner on all your windows and glass doors.
- Finally, give your floors a good damp mopping to pick up the dust that settled onto the floors. You can vacuum instead of mopping if you see fit. Start from the end of the room and mop/vacuum towards the doorway.
- Now would be a good time to use a polish on wood furniture if you want.
- Tool List: Duster, vacuum cleaner, mop, bucket – medium
- Supply List & Costs: cleaning cloth – damp/wet, cleaning solution – glass, dish soap, polish – wood
Hopefully, these tips will help you keep your outdoor A/c Unit in tip-top shape! Now you know how to clean your outside air conditioner unit!
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out another interesting article- How To Properly Inspect Your Basement!