Home MaintenanceHouse Cleaning TipsInterior Home MaintenanceMaintenance Resource
Carpets can end up being some of the dirtiest things within your home. Over time, dust can really stick to your carpet & settle at the bottom. Investing in a good carpet cleaning can benefit the overall health of your household. Continue reading to see when to schedule a professional carpet cleaner!
This is a Health Task!
The carpets in your household are often dirtier than your toilet seats, thus needing a periodic thorough cleaning to ensure a healthier environment.
Tasks can be done by: Homeowner, Handyman, or Cleaning Company
Step 1 – Maintain Your Carpets
- Contact a carpet cleaning company that you wish to use and schedule a time to have the carpets cleaned in your house.
- Ask them about their prices and try to get a quote.
- Also, ask them what kind of cleaning methods they use. Shampooing is best for getting out stains & steaming is best for killing bacteria.
- There are a few things that can be done before cleaning the carpets to make their job a lot easier:
- Vacuum all your carpets, so nothing is in the way of their machine
- Remove all fragile or valuable items, move furniture, and remove smaller items from the floor.
- Lastly, tell the professionals what spots you are most concerned about getting clean. Make sure to document the day you had your carpets cleaned so you can better understand when you should schedule your next appointment.
Step 2 – DIY Carpet Cleaning
- If you decide to take the DIY approach to clean your carpets, you will need to buy or rent a cleaner.
- Make sure to dust your home thoroughly.
- Vacuum after you dust to ensure nothing will be in the way of the machine.
- Move furniture out of the room that you’re planning to clean. This will help you get a thorough cleaning without any obstacles.
- Start the carpet cleaning process. There should be instructions with the machine.
- Lastly, let your carpet dry completely before putting any furniture back into the room.
- Tool List: Carpet Cleaner
Want to know more useful information such as this?
Sign up with us at HomeManager!
Also, check out another interesting article- Inspect and Clean Your Fridge and Freezer!